By Stacey-Lee Stewart
Think of a holiday in Mauritius and you’ll find your mind instantly wandering to long, white sandy beaches and days spent lazing away sunbathing in one of the many resorts dotting the island. Little do many visitors, to this gem of an island in the Indian Ocean, know that there are a myriad of activities to partake in – ranging from the active to the leisurely.
A group of agents from the Club Travel Group recently visited Mauritius on an educational adventure courtesy of LUX Resorts, Air Mauritius and Zurich Travel Insurance.
“I was absolutely blown away by the variety of activities that were on offer to visitors to Mauritius. I think the island will always be perfect for those seeking some much needed rest and relaxation, but it need not be doomed to bucket lists everywhere as just that,” said Club Travel Marketing’s Stacey-Lee Stewart who attended the educational trip.
Some alternative excursion options include:
– A 10km leisurely cycle to a fisherman’s village on the east coast;
– Visiting a sugarcane plantation and tasting its syrupy sweetness right off the land;
– A visit to the Grand Baie market where you can sharpen up your bartering skills and buy anything from souvenirs and knick-knacks to a bikini;
– A sunrise swim with wild dolphins off the island’s south-western tip at Le Morne Brabant peninsula;
– A sunset Bennington cruise complete with cocktails & canapés;
– Party the night away with the locals at Banana Beach bar & club up north in Grand Baie.
Even though this destination remains one of the most relaxing places on earth, with picture-postcard views and beautiful weather, you need not limit yourself to sunbathing and book reading. Why not kick it up a notch and explore this magnificent island first hand?!
For more information, or to book your trip of a lifetime today, go to www.clubtravel.co.za